Glimpse Into My World

Monday, January 31, 2005

Happy Anniversary

As I half-opened my eyes and flipped the pages of my Daily Bread, I was astonished with the date written on the heading for the day's Scripture. January 31. Now, that was what I needed to finally jolt my slumbering senses. Ironic though, for months I have been trying to obliterate the memories of that rueful day. Yet having seen that, first thing in the morning, brought me discomfiting emotions i could hardly make out.

After reading the passage for the day, I prayed... earnestly... I asked Him to help me get through the day as normally as I could. I beseeched Him to depose away from my mind's periphery thoughts and feelings commensurated with last year's event...

I went to my classes... Made tambay at KEM... Talked with friends... Took exam in onse...

As I was about to go home, I was glad He heard my plea. My day went just fine.

Before I went back to the dorm, my friends and I decided to drop by the Sunken Garden for a little chit chat. My Anniversary of Singleness was worth celebrating.

I had fun with three of my best buddies - pH, Gaery, & Ewik (just sad Lou couldn't be around). We sat on the grass, under the glistening array of stars, right in the middle of Sunken. Talked about a lot of things - sensible and flimsy alike. Shared laughters, tears, angst, dreams. It just felt so cathartic.

I went home happy.

As i lay in bed at around 2 am, I just found it so hard to put myself to sleep. Unconsciously, tears just mustered in my eyes and voluntarily flowed down my cheeks. I don't really know what they were for, the feeling was just so weird. There was a little twinge at an unidentifiable part in my heart. It went on till daybreak, I just felt too tired I barely knew when it ended.

As i woke up the following day, as if nothing happened. Great. Now, that's "normal".

3 Wanna React?:

  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger twisted-mind said…

    sometimes we just have to cry witjout knowing what are those tears for. so we can let it all out. i'm happy you're back to "normal" *hugz*

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sometimes you just have to cry it out, even though you're totally over it/him. hugs from the people who know you best always work. god bless.:)

    from someone who knows

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    all of this i think is a sign that you are maturing each day. you can now face the pain without being destroyed by it.accept facts and situations as they are. a whole lot stronger you was worth all those troubles.besides, loving one's self is foremost right?

    take care :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home