Glimpse Into My World

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Text Addict

It isn't always easy to discover one's potentials.

I can do a lot of things, yet I could hardly claim I am good at something.
However, there's this one talent I recently discovered. (Recently, as in just yesterday). And that is................................. (drum roll please) tadan, "texting" PRONTO!
(Haha, akala niyo seryosong talent?)

My mom always complains of what a text addict I am. She never fails to comment on how fast I type messages, and how I succesfully do that while pretending to be paying attention to her (meaning, "texting" without looking at my keypads at all).

It wasn't until yesterday when people considered me as "the person to beat" when I fully realized that. It was funny how they were concocting strategies such as stealing my phone, breaking my phalanxes, and even kidnapping me. (Don't get me wrong, these are all just for FUN... My orgmates aren't that evil... Or not? Haha!)

Anyway, the game was supposed to start at 5:30 pm. For some reason it was delayed an hour. I was feeling really feverish that afternoon, but I had to stay to play the game (thus giving me the chills the entire evening). I was even supposed to meet a friend I haven't seen in 3 years, but had to cancel, just so I could play the game. (Ooops, hope she doesn't read this!)

Contrary to what you may think, Pabilisan Magtexteng'g was no-nonsense. It made me reflect on the more serious things in life:

*It takes a great deal of passion and constant practice to achieve a certain level of proficiency.
**Speed isn't everything. To win, you need not haste. Care of the details is also essential.
***Winning a competition takes many other factors. It shouldn't dictate your self-worth. In any game, giving your BEST makes you a winner.

Cliche, but true.

3 Wanna React?:

  • At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    tinamaan naman ako sa "kidnapping schemes". wewr.

    -jerome

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Yacel said…

    just needed to warn people... since inamin mo na ring ikaw yun.. people, be vigilant! ingat kayo kay jerome...
    haha, peace... =)

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Blogger Richelle said…

    akalain mong deep pala ang pabilisang magtextengg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home