Glimpse Into My World

Sunday, November 21, 2004

JAZZ Lovin' It!!!

After long years of giving it much thought, I have finally found something I definitely want to pursue. Before the Indakan audition was held, Melan conducted Jazz class. I was so surprized to realize how much I loved every bit of it! Contrary to my usual satisfaction of just being able to do the steps right, I had this special urge that moved me to do the BEST I can (at hindi ako ganun, bacause I'm usually contented with "OK na"...) I was so flabbergasted at how graceful Melan moved. The more I watched him, the more I was inspired to do better.

Long before, I knew that hiphop/streetdance is not really my thing. Perhaps I can also do the moves, and I enjoy those dances, after all, that's what we normally do in KEM Troupers. But then, a while ago, there was this fire burning in me... There was this "euphoria" that made me feel pleasantly different while I moved. Hay, basta ang sarap! Then, I knew it, this genre is for me.

Of course, right now I have very limited knowledge about Jazz. An hour-long class would never be enough. But I guess that was more than enough to make me realize how much I wanted to learn the craft. (Sigh, I'm just so sure how disappointed I would make my mom feel if she learns I'm more interested in doing this, than actually being ang engineer!)

All these made me remember our Dearest Ate Vicky, my greatest dance influence. I always looked up to her. She never failed to amaze me everytime she danced. I wanted to be like her. I even told her before how much I wanted to take jazz class. She said it was too expensive for a student like me. Moreover, I was convincing myself that acads should be my ultimate purpose. For a time, my pursuit of jazz kinda died. But when I got to dance it again a while ago, the rebirth of my passion automatically flared! Wow, the feeling was just so amazing! I have decided, if there's something I really want to do - that is learn jazz, and dance my heart and soul out! Of course it would still take a long time. Maybe when I finish college and get a good job... Maybe when I already have the luxury of time and money to take professional jazz training... Maybe, just maybe...

Sigh, going back... Until now, I still am at awe of what a great dancer Melan is... After our Jazz class, we had Streetdance next with Binoe and Ate Aimie. While we were dancing, Melan was moving along. He was just wonderful! How could he do all different genres so perfectly? I fell in love with the way he danced! Which made me think: IF ONLY he was straight, I might as well have courted him, no matter how conservative I am to such issues... Pero ganun talaga... Pareho kami ng hanap eh... =)

1 Wanna React?:

  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger twisted-mind said…

    kaya mo yan; basta pakita mo sa mom mo na you can have both a career as well as yung dancing mo.

    hehe sayang, pareho kayo ng hanap ni melan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home