Glimpse Into My World

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Balut, Chicharon, at Libreng Tula

It was almost 10 pm and Sunken garden was enveloped with cold, as well as couples doing their naughty stuff, whatever that is... While pH, Gaery, Erik, and I were engrossed with our "sight-seeing", a little boy, barely 7 of age came near, offerring his heavy, bigger-than-him basket of merchandise. He said to me "Ate, bili po kayo ng chicharon, may libreng tula".

Being a softhearted damsel, with equally softhearted company, we bought chicharon, although we really had no intentions of eating such. The little boy then called his smaller sister, barely 5 of age to offer us her free poem. She then recited this loooooooong poem about "Mamang Pulis". The little girl did well, for her age. We were so amazed at how these little kids strategized to earn a living. So we did a little interview. It was so disheartening to know that at that wee hour, they haven't eaten yet since they used their profit for their food. In the first place, little kids aren't supposed to stay out late at night, much more work for their own living! We gave them much more than we had to pay for the chicharon so they could have dinner.

The kids were so thankful. It was so rewarding to see the genuine joy in their eyes. Nothing compares to witnessing their smiles.

Now I still think about them. I told Erik I was wondering if the kids have already eaten by now? He said I need not worry, God will take care of them. Sigh, if only I was so opulent, I'd take all of them under my care...

0 Wanna React?:

Post a Comment

<< Home